Saturday, February 23, 2013

Research - Creative Intent Photographer

Craig Cutler
(Unit Content 1)










Craig Cutler is one of my favorite creative intent photographer. I do like his pictures because he really shows the use of creative intent. The creative intent photographers work is independent and doesn't follow the wishes of an employer. Cutler has some very good and interesting idea about playing with shadows or with reflections. He arranged the subjects in a creative and good looking composition.

My point of view about studio set up

  • One of his master piece is the banana skins that create a sun flower. I think the light is coming from the right, as you can see on the image the right side is much brighter. There aren't any strong shadows, so he might used soft box and a reflector on the left side to bouncing back some light.
  • The one with the pins you can easily determine the number of lamps used, because you can see the little light spots at the top. Here I think he used 2 lights, one from above and one from the right in 45 degrees (maybe).
  • The 2 images of the glasses, I like that he only used transparent materials and it's very interesting to see how they act together and create reflections. I think there is only one light shining from the back.
  • The image with the folks, he played with the shadows and to get this effect I think the only light is coming from the right corner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment